Saturday, 7 May 2011
Activity #13 & Activity #14 Social networks
I found both My Space and Facebook interesting sites to explore. I had never actually got on to either before although I had heard a great deal about them. I set up my facebook page but I must admit I'm not comfortable using it. I think it has to do with my age. I would much rather ring a friend or talk to them face to face. Also, I worry about the privacy part of this. I know you can screen who you allow access to, but in today's high tech world, someone always seems able to circumvent this in some way. We had a cyber safety talk at school for our primary school children, staff and parents which was most illuminating. One thing I learnt from this is you need to keep checking who you allow access to your page on a regular basis, as it reverts to the default public view every so often and you may not be aware of this - as many people aren't. I also joined up to Twitter! I liked the idea of getting breaking news as it happens. As a result of doing this course I have lots of new accounts. I hope I can keep track of them all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment